Abstract submission for the SWS 2019 Annual Meeting will open in November 2018! For more information about the submission process, please review the guidelines below.
Presenters are limited to one oral presentation in the contributed sessions, one invited symposium presentation and one poster presentation. Meaning, each person may only give one presentation per presentation type. You may submit multiple abstracts for contributed sessions and poster presentation but only one will be chosen for each presentation type. Authors who wish to be considered for a Student Award must be a current SWS member.
+ Review Process
Abstracts will be evaluated on the basis of originality, significance, relevance to wetlands, and scientific/technical merit. Each abstract will be reviewed by the Abstract Review Subcommittee based on the primary topic selected during the submission process.
The main author will be notified of acceptance or rejection of the abstract no later than February 15, 2019. Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation of accepted abstracts will be included.
All presenters are required to register and are responsible for their own meeting registration, travel fare and hotel accommodations. Registration must be completed by the applicable deadlines.
If you are seeking travel assistance, visit the Society Awards page for opportunities.
+ A/V Requirements
All oral presentation rooms will contain a podium, microphone, PC laptop, and a projector with a VGA connection.
+ Oral Presentation
- The final schedule will be announced in April 2019 and will include your presentation's scheduled date and time during the meeting.
- Each accepted oral presentation will be allocated 20 minutes, including time for questions.
- Your powerpoint should be formatted as a widescreen presentation.
- Arrive ten minutes early to your scheduled session with your presentation saved on a flashdrive and prepare it on the computer in the session room.
- Each contributed session will be run by a session moderator that will be determined in April of 2019. If your session does not have a moderator, the first presenter of the session should step in as a moderator.
+ Poster Presentation
- Poster display numbers will be provided to presenters in an email after acceptance.
- All illustrations and lettering should be prepared beforehand. The poster display is not to be solely the typed manuscript pinned to the poster board.
- The display should be arranged in a logical, coherent fashion to fit the display area that is 4’ high x 8’ wide. Your poster should provide the following information:
- Author names and affiliations
- Acknowledgements, including sources of support or funding
- Background, objectives, materials and methods, conclusions and discussion
- Appropriate visuals including charts, graphs, photographs, etc.
- References, if applicable
- We will supply the poster frame and push pins. You are responsible for any materials or supplies needed to present the poster. No audiovisual or electrical outlets are provided for poster presentation.
- Please remember to keep the display area neat. If your message exceeds poster space, consider making photocopied handouts available.
+ Accessing Abstracts
Accepted abstracts are accessible online through the Abstract Search Site and the SWS 2019 Annual Meeting mobile app. To view last year's abstracts, click here.