The SWS 2018 Annual Meeting abstract submission deadline has passed. For more information about the submission process, please review the information below.
+ Oral Presentations
Each accepted oral presentation will be allocated 20 minutes, including time for questions.
Due to time restrictions, presenters are limited to only one oral presentation in the contributed sessions. There is no limit, however, to the number of organized symposia in which presenters may participate. A presenter may participate in one or more symposia and also in one contributed session. You may submit multiple abstracts for contributed sessions, but only one will be chosen for an oral presentation. Other accepted abstracts may be assigned to one of the poster sessions. Authors who wish to be considered for a Student Award must be a current SWS member.
+ Review Process
Abstracts will be evaluated on the basis of originality, significance, relevance to wetlands, and scientific/technical merit. A select number of abstracts will be accepted for oral platform presentations based on their scientific merit and relation to topics addressed in the scientific program. Submissions on the covered session topics are encouraged.
The main author will be notified of acceptance or rejection of the abstract no later than February 23, 2018. Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation of accepted abstracts will be included.
All presenters are required to register and are responsible for their own event registration, travel fare, and hotel accommodations. Registration may be completed only by the applicable deadlines.
If you are seeking travel assistance, visit the SWS awards page for opportunities.
+ A/V Requirements
All oral presentation rooms will contain a podium and microphone, PC laptop, and a projector with a VGA connection. Should you require any additional items for your presentation, please make arrangements with SWS headquarters.
+ Poster Guidelines
- Poster display numbers will be provided to presenters in an email after acceptance
- All illustrations and lettering should be prepared beforehand. The poster display is not to be solely the typed manuscript pinned to the poster board.
- The display should be arranged in a logical, coherent fashion to fit the display area that is 4’ high x 8’ wide. Your poster should provide the following information:
- Author names and affiliations
- Acknowledgements, including sources of support or funding
- Background, objectives, materials and methods, conclusions and discussion
- Appropriate visuals including charts, graphs, photographs, etc.
- References, if applicable
- We will supply the poster frame and push pins. You are responsible for any materials or supplies needed to present the poster. No audiovisual or electrical outlets are provided for poster presentation.
- Please remember to keep the display area neat. If your message exceeds poster space, consider making photocopied handouts available.
+ Accessing Abstracts
The accepted abstracts will be accessible online through the Abstract Search Site and the SWS 2018 Annual Meeting mobile app.